* Image courtesy of Matt Priestman Photography
Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question that isn’t listed on this page? Send us an email!
What is the max capacity of the venue?
- We recommend about 130 people. We have parking available for a maximum of 60 cars to park onsite.
Are tables and chairs included?
- We are pleased to announce that we will be offering tables and chairs included for all our 2023 weddings and beyond. We offer 16- 60″ round plastic tables for guest dining, 130 white resin folding chairs with cushions, head tables, buffet tables, sign in table, and gift table.
When are you open?
- We host weddings Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays in May, June, July, August, and September (please contact us for weekday offerings). We are an outdoor-only venue and are available for tours on select evenings and weekends by appointment only.
What is included with the full venue rental?
- We take pride in offering all the essentials for one great price! Tables, chairs, tent, getting-ready areas, reception, and ceremony are all included for one great, low price (*2023 and beyond)! View our Pricing Page to see options available.
What kind of decorations can we use?
- We love to get creative with our couples and are very flexible with decorations, as long as it is friendly to our environment. Being right next to the river, we discourage the use of rice, loose artificial petals, glitter, and other items that could hurt the critters around us. We love bubbles, and real flower petals are beautiful, but we’re always open to new ideas. Let’s talk more about your vision of the perfect day beside the river.
What are the dimensions of….?
- Please check out our site plan
Can we get ready on site?
- Absolutely! We have two amazing getting-ready rooms for you to use. We also give you 12 hours of access to the property so you can really take your time!
- Our barn-suite room features a comfy couch, plenty of seating, a make-up bar with four stations and lighted mirrors, numerous attire hooks, 2 full-length mirrors, great lighting, and a Dutch-door entrance out to a private courtyard.
- Our riverside cabin is almost outdoors with one whole wall open to the river. There’s plenty of seating, a separate changing room, attire hooks, a mirror, and dartboard. Best of all, this space converts into a great little spot to sign marriage documents or share a drink after the ceremony.
Is a rehearsal included?
- Yes, a 1 (one) hour rehearsal is included, at no extra cost, usually the week before your event.
What is the DJ set up?
- There is a 15 amp electrical plug-in for the DJ at the reception area. We recommend that the DJ bring battery-powered speakers and wireless microphones in order to have sound at the ceremony site, if you desire it. There is no power at the ceremony site, so only one DJ set up should be needed. DJ’s are welcomed and encouraged to preview the property before the big day!
- We also offer a sound package for FREE, which includes Bluetooth-enabled portable speakers (4) and wireless microphones (3)!
What are my catering options?
- What do you want?! We don’t have any vendor restrictions and love seeing our couples get creative with their food. However, down here at the river we do not have any kitchen facilities, so whatever you decide to feed your guests must be self-contained and the caterer must provide their own water supply. Food trucks are a great option for our little river oasis! If self-preparing or serving food, all food must be cooked/prepared off-site.
What are my alcohol options?
- Beer, wine, seltzers and champagne are welcome, but hard liquor is not. Your bartender must be licensed and bring their own ice and water supply. Alcohol liability coverage must also be purchased with the wedding insurance policy.
- Wedding couple must also purchase a banquet permit from the state to serve alcohol on their event date.
Do I need to purchase wedding liability insurance?
- Yes! The wedding couple must supply proof of wedding event liability insurance for no less than $1 million per occurrence/$2 million aggregate. There are several providers available, but here are a couple for your convenience:
- River Valley Oasis must be added to this policy as “additional insured” and if serving alcohol, couple must add liquor liability insurance to the policy.
Can you help with officiating my wedding?
- Sorry, we are not offering this service anymore. However, we do recommend AnneMarie!
Ready to take the plunge? Complete our contact form below and let’s start talking details!